When it comes to the Optima Yellow top product line one of my favorite go to batteries is the optima yellow top d35 model. This battery has its ups and downs, however I believe that the benefits of this unit out weigh any negatives considering this battery is one hell of a power monger. Let’s take an in depth look at the optima d35 model and then you can decide for yourself if this will make a beneficial add on to your hardware!
Optima 8040-218 d35 Review- Introduction
Let’s face it when it comes to power hungry accessories these things consume car batteries more faster than eating hot dogs at an eating competition. Now we are talking about power hungry accessories here such as bumping stereo systems to even hard-pulling winches. One of the distinguishing factors about the optima batteries 8040-218 d35 units is that they can take quite a heavy load. Rather than using the traditional flat sheets of impure lead the optima yellow top d35 is built from the base up with compact coiled columns of 99.99% pure lead. This is similar to its red top sibling in which it has the spiralcell technology to guarantee ultimate vibration resistance, ultra low ohms, double the lifespan of similar batteries in the price range, and a powerful output.
Another benefit to the optima 8040-218 d35 is the fact that it is 100% maintenance free, this means you no longer have to carry around those distilled bottles of water like you used to back in the day for your batteries. In addition to that the optima yellow top d35 team at optima headquarters provide a 36 month full warranty.
Optima Yellow Top d35 Pros
Since I broke down the basics of this battery what it entails its best to look at what kind of benefits you will get out of this battery if you do decide to go for this model.
- First and foremost like most Optima batteries this bad boy lasts up-to twice as much longer than traditional lead-acid car batteries
- You get two batteries in one since the optima d35 battery is an actual dual purpose battery.
- Works great with loud stereo systems, hydraulic systems, race-cars without charging systems, diesel trucks, and performance autos
- Again this is a maintenance free item which is fully sealed and does not require any water what soever.
- No spillage, can be mounted to your desire in any position.
- Temperature resistant, does a great job at cranking out power in any kind of temperature.
- A full coverage of a 36 month warranty.
- Additional Product Benefits
Optima Yellow Top d35 Cons
- One of the biggest set backs I noticed wasn’t in the function of the battery itself but the supplier on Amazon who ships the battery. There are several third party sellers and some sellers just are not up to par on their performance with higher rated sellers. I was unfortunate and purchased by optima 8040-218 d35 model from the latter and had it shipped a few days late.
- The size of the battery is quite small, now depending on your car model this could be an up or a down. For those of you who own an Acura I would not recommend the optima yellow top d35 as you will run into problems in getting it to work.
Optima yellow top d35 (8040-218) Final Verdict- Is it worth it?
Now unless you have an issue with finding a good seller on amazon or anywhere else for this battery and don’t own an Acura then I would definitely reccomend this battery. In comparison to its sibling the optima 8025-160 red top model this guy can handle higher multi tasking levels. For example if you are running multiple appliances and utilities in your car like a Tv, dvr, radar, god knows what else this will be a great choice for you. However if your not one that consumes much energy and power your kind of putting yourself at waste with such a powerful battery.
The optima battery d35 is a great battery for tailgating events and it is one of the main reasons I picked one of these guys up. Obviously I am big on the optima battery product line because of the kind of results I have gotten so far from handling these batteries. For those of you guys who are reading this and have ran into battery failure more than a desired amount of times the optima 8040-218 d35 will not let you down. It is a tough, vibration resistant battery, that has got tons of cranking power and is willing to last the long and rough journey with you!